The Hampshire Regional YMCA is now hiring lifeguards. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the lifeguard is responsible for the direct supervision, control, organization, and safety of all participants in the pool and pool area. The lifeguard works in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the YMCA mission.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Must possess a current Lifeguard certificate.
- The lifeguard is responsible for the appearance, presentation, and working order of the pool area while on duty.
- It is the lifeguard’s responsibility to observe the pool and pool area and to take the proper corrective action as instructed or included in the job description.
- Lifeguards wear and carry a rescue tube and fanny pack with pocket mask at all times.
Have and maintain current certification for:
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
- CPR/AED (American Heart Association Health Care Provider for BLS; American Red Cross
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer; National Safety Council, and American Safety and Health Institute CPR-Pro and Universal First Aid)
- First Aid.
Lifeguards are expected to prevent accidents and minimize, or eliminate, hazardous situations in and around the pools.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application.
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.