Spend your summer on beautiful Lake Norwich on 137 acres of forest surrounded by the sounds of laughter, learning and growing. Be the friendly face for our members as they come to enjoy the beautiful natural surroundings. When not actively engaging with our members you can bring a book to keep you entertained; great position for students.
General Summary: Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Norwich Weekend Greeter performs the daily functions of Member Services. Meets and greets visitors to Camp Norwich. This position operates within the policies and practices of the Hampshire Regional YMCA.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Responsible for all tracking of participation.
- Establishes relationships with members and potential members.
- Meets and greets all members and guests as well as answers questions.
- Answers phones using proper phone etiquette and answers questions in a friendly and accurate way.
- Communicates with the Head Lifeguard throughout the day as well as with the front desk of the YMCA to ensure accurate numbers are being communicated to the front desk.
- Responsible for communicating important information, incidents, weather-related decisions, and other issues to the Camp Director and Head Lifeguard
- Exercises reliability and consistency in arriving for all shifts on time, ready to work.
- Along with the Head Lifeguard and Lifeguards, ensures that camp is left in its correct state at the end of each day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: This position requires a good-natured, friendly and positive attitude while interacting with members and guests of members. Must have experience in the fields of customer service and policy enforcement. Needs to be able to work fluidly with other staff, taking leadership roles when necessary as well as recognizing when others are the right people to make judgment calls.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y.
- YMCA application
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
In addition to the application, please feel free to submit a resume.
Please email your application to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org.
Or mail/in person: Attn: Sovina Mansfield, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.