Under the guidance and direction of the Facilities Director, the Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the care, operations, maintenance, repair, and security of all properties and facilities of the Hampshire Regional YMCA including Camp Norwich in Huntington, in accordance with the Y’s mission and goals. This is a full-time position.
- History and ability to supervise staff and volunteers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Independent proactive worker
- Take direction and input from multiple sources
- Can work under pressure
- Takes responsibility and meets deadlines
- Ability to work in collaboration with all staff and volunteers
The candidate must have an aptitude to learn and/or hands on experience in the following areas:
- Decision making and problem solving
- building construction
- heating and ventilation systems
- pool operations
- light and power
- preventative maintenance
- Capable and clear in both verbal and written communication
The HRYMCA is open 7 days a week, most days of the year. The nature of the operation may require nontraditional work schedules, including nights, weekends, and early morning hours. Maintenance staff must be available for on call emergencies and accommodate those needs in a positive, professional manner.
Benefits include hourly wage (based on experience), vacation, sick, holiday and personal time, health and dental insurance, Y paid STD, LTD and Life insurance, free family membership, free classes, free summer camp, retirement and an option to participate in our 403(b) plan.
We require all applicants to submit a resume and an application.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org.
Or mail/in person: Attn: Sovina Mansfield, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.