We are seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable indoor cycle instructor to teach 1 -2 multi-level classes per week during evening hours. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to make people of different ages and fitness levels feel welcome and challenged while motivating the group through strong verbal cueing and good music selection. Our most popular classes will fill all of our 22 bikes on a regular basis during our busy season. Familiarity with Stages bikes and training techniques a plus.
- The position requires education and experience in exercise science. Must obtain certification from YUSA or another reputable organization specific to the type of exercise taught at the HRYMCA.
- Must possess current CPR/AED and First Aid certification or be able to obtain it within 90 days form hire.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to the purpose and mission of the YMCA and attempt to incorporate these values into work activities.
- Must have good human relation skills and willingness to serve members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to conduct classes and activities related to fitness.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
- YMCA application
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Please email your application to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org (In addition to the application please feel free to submit a resume)
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect St., Northampton, MA 01060.