The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for a motivated, friendly, outgoing individual with a strong interest in fitness and health to join the staff in our Wellness Center. The successful candidate will ensure that our members are safe and their workouts are a positive experience while conscientiously keeping the Wellness Center and machines clean and supplies well stocked. They enthusiastically provide member orientations, demonstrate proper use of fitness equipment and maintain the safe, daily operation of the Wellness Center. All Hampshire Regional YMCA staff display the core values of the YMCA: Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in fitness and positive attitude.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to the purpose and mission of the HRYMCA and to incorporate these values into their daily work activities.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of basic fitness techniques.
- Excellent follow-through with programming; outgoing personality and member service oriented.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required within 60 days of employment.
- Some wellness center experience or personal training certification preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Must be able to work the opening shift starting at 5:15am and/or the closing shift from 5-9:45pm.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b)
Please email your application to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
(In addition to the application please submit a resume and cover letter)
Or mail/in person: Attn: Sovina Mansfield, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060