The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking a dynamic Member Services Director to join our leadership team. The Member Services Director has primary responsibility for the overall organization, administration, development, marketing, and oversight of the YMCA membership department in alignment with our strategic goals.
This individual must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, as well as have an inclusive approach that meets the needs of our members and staff while connecting them with the Y’s many service offerings and mission. The ideal candidate is a self-driven, team leader and highly motivated by achieving daily, weekly and monthly goals, with strong administrative and supervisory skills, strong work ethic, including sales experience and a passion for relationship building and wellness.
Take the next step in your career and be part of something BIGGER at the Y.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the HR YMCA provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Quality healthcare (medical, dental)
- Short term, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 7% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Competitive paid time off package.
- Career advancement and growth opportunities with an innovative, independent YMCA.
- A challenging, fun, and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The HR YMCA is committed to our Y core values and a culture of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; supervisory, sales, business administration, marketing, communications, wellness or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a membership- based organization required; with a proven track record of initiative, creativity and motivation to surpass challenging performance goals.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Sales and CRM experience a plus.
- Previous YMCA, Healthcare, or related fitness industry sales and management experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years staff supervision experience required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, public relations, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to create and maintain organization, processes and procedures to successfully support membership operations and strategic goals.
- Ability to make create and give oral presentations, build rapport and credibility quickly.
- Strong ability to deal with conflict and interpersonal interactions in a high traffic YMCA
- Ability to work a variety of hours based on business needs; including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Resume and YMCA application. Applications and resumes will be accepted until November 15, 2019.
Please email your application and resume to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org.
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060.