The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for a motivated, friendly, outgoing individual with a strong interest in fitness and health to join the staff in our Wellness Center. The successful candidate will ensure that our members are safe and their workouts are a positive experience while conscientiously keeping the Wellness Center and machines clean and supplies well- stocked. They enthusiastically provide member orientations, demonstrate proper use of fitness equipment and maintain the safe, daily operation of the Wellness Center. This is a part-time position.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Provide courteous, prompt and sincere attention to members, guests, participants and staff.
- Communicate and enforce policies and guidelines for the equipment area.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in fitness and positive attitude.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to the purpose and mission of the HRYMCA and to incorporate these values into daily work activities.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of basic fitness techniques.
- Maintain a safe, clean and functional exercise equipment area.
- Work closely with Wellness Director to provide a premier member experience.
- Excellent follow-through with programming; outgoing personality and member service oriented.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required within 60 days of employment
- Some wellness center experience or personal training certification preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience a plus.
- Fitness or athletic training experience preferred.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
- YMCA application
- In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Or mail/in person: Attn: R. John Reidy, HR Director, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.