Hampshire Regional YMCA is a community hub offering diverse programs and classes to our members. We are currently hiring lifeguards to help keep our members safe in our two pools. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the lifeguard is responsible for the direct supervision, control, organization, and safety of all participants in the pool and pool area. The lifeguard works in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the YMCA mission.
- Must possess a current Lifeguard certificate.
- The lifeguard is responsible for the appearance, presentation, and working order of the pool area while on duty.
- It is the lifeguard’s responsibility to observe the pool and pool area and to take the proper corrective action as instructed or included in the job description.
- Lifeguards are expected to prevent accidents and minimize, or eliminate, hazardous situations in and around the pools.
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training.
- First Aid/CPR/AED.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter. Please email your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, ATTN: R. John Reidy, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.