The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for a motivated, friendly, outgoing Personal Trainer to join our Wellness team. Our personal trainers are required to maintain Wellness Center floor hours. The successful candidate will ensure that our members are safe and their workouts are a positive experience, while conscientiously keeping the Wellness Center clean and supplies well- stocked. They enthusiastically provide member orientations, demonstrate proper use of fitness equipment and maintain the safe, daily operation of the Wellness Center. YMCA personal trainers also plan and conduct client sessions that meet all components and safety guidelines for current accepted practices of exercise.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in fitness and a positive attitude.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to the purpose and mission of the HRYMCA and to incorporate these values into daily work activities.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of basic fitness techniques.
- Excellent follow-through with programming; outgoing personality and member service oriented.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required within 60 days of employment.
- Some college preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends and nights.
Personal Trainer Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Personal Training Certification obtained from one of the following approved programs: YMCA, AFAA, ACE, IFPA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM.
- The position requires education and 2 years experience in exercise prescription, recreation or a related area of study.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: R. John Reidy, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.