Be a part of an international organization while making a difference on a local level! Spend your summer on beautiful Lake Norwich surrounded by the sounds of laughter, learning and growing. Today more than ever, we need our youth to be surrounded by positive role models. If that’s you – join our team!
Camp Norwich is located on 137 beautiful acres of fields and forests with 1/3 mile of shoreline on crystal clear Lake Norwich. Only 20 minutes from Northampton, our camp includes nature trails, a low ropes course, large program buildings, and athletic fields and courts. Camp Norwich offers many exciting activities including swimming, adventure programming, outdoor living skills, athletics, boating, drama, crafts, music, campfires, and overnights.
- Develop and deliver an archery curriculum that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the archery program
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading them as assigned.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- All specialists are required to participate in at least one family night or overnight each session, as assigned.
- Assist in the planning of any special events, especially in the areas of archery.
- We will train and certify the right candidate!
- At least 18 years of age.
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
- Ability to interact with all age levels, including appropriate and friendly interaction with parents when necessary.
- Capacity to understand principles of youth development and developmental stages of youth.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
Camp Norwich Sessions Summer 2021
Session I-A: 6/28-7/2
Session I-B: 7/5-7/9
Session II: 7/12-7/16 & 7/19-7/23
Session III: 7/26-7/30 & 8/2-8/6
Session IV: 8/9-8/13 & 8/16-8/20
Session V-A: 8/23-8/27
Session V-B: 8/30-9/3
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter. Please email your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Or mail/in person, Attn: R. John Reidy, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060