We are seeking enthusiastic and detail-oriented EMTs, RNs or LPNs for the position of Camp Norwich Health Care Professional for the summer 2021 camp season. Flexible schedules are available, with a minimum of two days per week required.
Camp Norwich is located on 137 beautiful acres of fields and forests with 1/3 mile of shoreline on crystal clear Lake Norwich. Only 20 minutes from Northampton, our camp includes nature trails, a low ropes course, large program buildings, and athletic fields and courts.
At YMCA Day Camp Norwich our goal is to prepare children for the challenges of today and tomorrow through programs that develop individuals, strengthen families, and build safe, caring communities. Throughout their time at camp, campers explore all age appropriate activities in the supportive environment of their small group.
Camp Norwich Session Dates:
II: 7/12-7/16 and 7/19-7/23
III: 7/26-7/30 and 8/2-8/6
IV: 8/9-8/13 and 8/16-8/20
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
- Manage the administration of all medication for campers or staff at camp
- In cases of absence, provide a detailed overview to Camp Director on medical needs of those staying.
- Follow standard health care practice in nursing/Paramedic profession according to state regulations.
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state standards and regulations.
- Ensure staff and camper health examinations are current and on file.
- Prepare and utilize daily medical log for treatment and medications.
- Prepare and record insurance and accident report forms.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services.
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp.
- Must be a licensed EMT, RN or LPN
Benefits include free YMCA membership and camp benefits for dependent children.
- YMCA Summer Camp Employment application
- Please email your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Or mail/in person: Attn: R. John Reidy, Human Resources Director, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.