If you’re passionate about sports and recreation and enjoy working with young people, consider joining our Camp Prospect staff this summer!
Counselors lead campers ages 4-14 through a day that centers on recreational sports, and includes other camp activities like swimming, arts & crafts, physical challenges, and dance & movement. Our counselors create a positive, energetic, and safe environment where children have fun, build lasting relationships, and experience a summer to remember. Also, Camp Prospect staff have the option to work Gymnastics Camp, which occurs the weeks that Camp Prospect doesn’t. We are willing to train the right candidates.
Camp Sessions: 6, one-week sessions
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM / Morning Care 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Prior camp and/or sport camp experience
- Enthusiasm for providing a quality, educational full camp experience
- Creativity in designing and executing engaging lessons
- Excellent human relation skills with the ability to build professional relationships with children, parents, and other members
- Senior Counselors must be at least 18 years old
Summer positions begin in mid-June through end of August for up to 40 hours/week.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y!
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter. Please email your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: R. John Reidy, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.