8th Annual Building a Healthy Community 5k
November 2 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$20 – $60
Eighth Annual HRYMCA
Building a Healthy Community 5k, 2 Mile Walk, and Kids Dash
Thank you for registering for the 8th Annual Building A Healthy Community 5K! This family friendly event benefits our Y Annual Campaign and LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, a program for cancer survivors. You must register by October 14 to take advantage of the early bird registration prices and to guarantee your race T-shirt!
We are very excited to debut a new route this year at Look Park – racers will head out and back on the bike path and complete one loop of the park. Our 2 mile walk will remain the same – two loops of the park.
Kid’s Dash start: 11:30 AM
Walk start: 11:45 AM
Race start: 12:00 PM
Kids’ Dash (included in Family Registration)
Age 3 and under: 11:30 PM, 100 meters
Age 4-5: 11:35 AM, 200 meters
Age 6-10: 11:40 AM, 400 meters
- Bib and Shirt or cape pick-up options:
- Friday, November 1 at the HRYMCA, 286 Prospect Street in Northampton between 5:00pm and 7:00pm at the Welcome Center.
- Saturday, November 2 at Look Park inside the Garden House: Registration and bib pick up will begin at 10:00am. Please plan to pick up your bib no later than 11:45am.
- You will receive your capes on race day in the Garden House.
- If you registered for the 5k prior to October 14 you will be able to pick up your shirt with your bib. No size substitutions.
- Nine years old and under will receive a cape in lieu of a shirt.
- ARRIVE EARLY! Generally arriving to the race one hour before allows plenty of time to park, get your bib and relax/enjoy pre-race activities with your family. We will have a bounce house (weather permitting), craft activities, food trucks and more. All activities will begin at 10:00am and run until 12:30pm. There will also be post-race refreshments.
- Strollers are permitted on the race and walk courses but no pets please.
- The race will start and end at the Garden House at Look Park. The Garden House parking lot will be closed, but plenty of parking will be available throughout the park.
- Let the park attendant at the entrance know that you are there for the race and you will not be charged for admission.
- HYDRATE well the day before and the morning of the race.
- Make it a family affair and have your family participate in the walk or Kids Dash. Kids nine and under registered prior to October 14 will get a cape for their race. You will be able to purchase a cape for $3 on the day of the event while supplies last.
- We will have a great prize raffle featuring items from many local businesses! Raffle tickets will be available for purchase in the Garden House. Thank you to our community partners for their donations to our raffle. You do not need to be present to win. Raffle winners will be drawn on Saturday at 12:00pm.
- Race winners will be announced at 1:00pm in the Garden House.
- HAVE FUN!
More questions? Please contact: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-584-7086 x 125