Under the direction of the Director of Wellness & Community Engagement, in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the YMCA mission, the Water Aerobics Instructor provides instruction, monitors and educates patrons on fitness and safety. The instructor maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Leads energizing, fun, safe and educational group aqua class. Teaching from the pool deck is recommended.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before the start time for all scheduled classes.
- Arrange coverage when an absence is expected and notify Wellness Director.
- Be focused on participants at all times.
- Report safety hazards and pool area maintenance to the Aquatics and Facilities Director.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Keeps accurate class attendance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique and rhythm.
- Teaching experience preferred, has a Group Exercise certificate with or without aqua aerobics certification.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 90 days of hire.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y, discounted classes and camp and an opportunity to participate in 403(b)
We require all applicants to submit an application
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.