School Age Childcare (SACC) Group Leaders work with the SACC Site Coordinator and School Age Child Care Director to run the before and after school program in the local schools and at the Y on schools days out. Group Leaders interact with the children participating in the program and their families.
When: Monday-Friday (AM Care 7:00-8:45am) and/or (PM Care 2:45-6:00pm).
Where: Ryan Road, Jackson St and Bridge Street Elementary Schools in Northampton.
Additional full day care opportunities at the Hampshire Regional YMCA during school vacation weeks, professional days, and holidays.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and a desire to work with school age children in a variety of activities, including art, science, drama, music and physical education.
- SACC staff work in teams to plan and implement activities, as well as provide snack and quiet time each day for homework help or reading to our younger participants.
- SACC staff must adhere to the philosophy, policy, procedures and regulations of the HRYMCA and the EEC, our licensing organization.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- BA in any field or an AS in a related field of study
- Six months of experience working with students, at least three of those months at a school age program
- Be willing to become CPR and First Aid certified if they are not already
- Have reliable transportation.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b)
We require all applicants to submit an application
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org.
Or mail/in person: Attn: Sovina Mansfield, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.