Do you want to positively influence the lives of children and youth, encourage families to adopt healthy habits, and meet the needs of your community? The Hampshire YMCA is looking for cause driven Before and After School Age Child Care (SACC) Site Group Leaders. These are part-time positions.
When: Monday-Friday (AM Care 7:00-8:45am) and/or (PM Care 2:45-6:00pm).
Where: Ryan Rd, Jackson St and Bridge St. Elementary Schools.
Additional full day care opportunities at the Hampshire Regional YMCA during school vacation weeks, professional days, and some holidays.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and a desire to work with school age children in a variety of activities, including art, science, drama, music and physical education.
- SACC staff work in teams to plan and implement activities, as well as provide snack and quiet time each day for homework help or reading to our younger participants.
- SACC staff must adhere to the philosophy, policy, procedures and regulations of the HRYMCA and the EEC, our licensing organization.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- BA in any field or an AS in a related field of study.
- Six months of experience working with students, at least three of those months at a school age program.
- Be willing to become CPR and First Aid certified if they are not already.
- Have reliable transportation.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b)
We require all applicants to submit an application. In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person, Hampshire Regional YMCA, ATTN: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.