At YMCA Day Camp Norwich our goal is to prepare children for the challenges of today and tomorrow through programs that develop individuals, strengthen families, and build safe, caring communities. Camper relationships are our main focus. This is why campers attend daily activities together in small groups of 10-14 campers with 2 counselors. Throughout their time at camp, campers explore all age appropriate activities in the supportive environment of their small group.
Camp Norwich is located on 137 beautiful acres of fields and forests with 1/3 mile of shoreline on crystal clear Lake Norwich. Only 20 minutes from Northampton, our camp includes nature trails, a low ropes course, large program buildings, and athletic fields and courts.
Camp Norwich offers many exciting activities including swimming, adventure programming, outdoor living skills, athletics, boating, drama, crafts, music, campfires, and overnights.
Session One: 6/24-7/5
Session Two: 7/8-7/19
Session Three: 7/22-8/2
Session Four: 8/5-8/16
Session 5A: 8/19-8/23
Session 5B: 8/26-8/30
General Summary: Manage cleaning, clearing of debris, and general tidiness of camp buildings outside of camp operating hours. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Norwich Housekeeper helps members reach their goals by maintaining a clean and safe environment by providing housekeeping services.
- Positive work attitude and strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with all age levels, including appropriate and friendly interaction with parents when necessary.
- Willingness to work in early morning hours or late afternoon hours in order to avoid camp operating hours.
- Ability to work off of a routine and to manage time in order to complete a list of tasks.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative when the job requires it.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI).
Benefits include a free membership to the Y.
- YMCA application
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume.
Please email your application to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person: Attn: Sovina Mansfield, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.