At YMCA Day Camp Norwich our goal is to prepare children for the challenges of today and tomorrow through programs that develop individuals, strengthen families, and build safe, caring communities. Camper relationships are our main focus. This is why campers attend daily activities together in small groups of 10-14 campers with 2 counselors. Throughout their time at camp, campers explore all age appropriate activities in the supportive environment of their small group.
Camp Norwich is located on 137 beautiful acres of fields and forests with 1/3 mile of shoreline on crystal clear Lake Norwich. Only 20 minutes from Northampton, our camp includes nature trails, a low ropes course, large program buildings, and athletic fields and courts.
Camp Norwich offers many exciting activities including swimming, adventure programming, outdoor living skills, athletics, boating, drama, crafts, music, campfires, and overnights.
Session One: 6/24-7/5
Session Two: 7/8-7/19
Session Three: 7/22-8/2
Session Four: 8/5-8/16
Session 5A: 8/19-8/23
Session 5B: 8/26-8/30
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a current lifeguard certification from the YMCA or American Red Cross.
- Experience in waterfront lifeguard and swim instructor roles.
- Experience in the development and delivery of waterfront programs and activities for a similar camp.
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
- Ability to focus and remain effective in a busy environment.
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI).
The Waterfront Director is responsible for overseeing lifeguard crew and boating specialist. Develops creative and effective swim instruction plans, oversees the delivery of swim lessons, and tracks the swim level of each camper. Waterfront Director is part of the camp leadership staff and should plan to be a part of overnights and/or family nights as needed.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and the option of participating in our 403(b) plan.
- Completed camp application
- Three completed references (one former employer and two personal; no family references please)
In addition to the application, please feel free to submit a resume.
Please email your application and references to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person: Attn: Sovina Mansfield, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street Northampton, MA 01060.