Today more than ever, we need our youth to be surrounded by positive role models – if that’s you – join our team! Gain invaluable experience from working with children, learning interpersonal skills, organization and commitment; all skills that will help you in any future role. Be a part of an international organization while making a difference on a local level.
Camp Prospect staff will lead campers through a day that centers on recreational sports as well as other camp activities such as swimming, arts & crafts, physical challenges, and dance & movement. The Camp Prospect staff will create a positive, energetic, and safe environment where children have a fun time, make new friends, and have an experience to remember.
Camp Sessions: 4 – one week sessions
July 8 – July 13
July 15 – July 19
August 5 – August 9
August 12 – August 16
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM / Morning Care 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Be imaginative and creative in designing and implementing recreational activities for children.
- Always maintain a positive attitude and show your enthusiasm for camp activities.
- Have access to reliable mode of transportation and communication.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education and/or experience in childcare and related fields.
- Must possess an interest in a wide array of creative and physical activities.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of sports, including basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball, and football.
- Enjoy working with children and families.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to the purpose and mission of Camp Prospect and the YMCA. Attempt to incorporate these values into camp activities.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a willingness to serve children of Camp Prospect and their families.
- Must possess current certifications in Standard First Aid of Massachusetts Child Care, First Aid for Children, and Infant/Child CPR or willingness to obtain one.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
- YMCA application
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Please email your application to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person: Attn: Sovina Mansfield, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060