The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling its mission and goals are: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility – For ALL.
The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking part-time staff members for our Child Watch department. The successful candidates will be responsible for caring for children from 6 weeks – 9 years of age, ensuring a safe, enriching and healthy environment. Child Watch staff works in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the YMCA mission.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Love working with children and enjoy working as a part of a team
- Show maturity and ability to work independently while following instructions and checklists
- Are adaptable to change in routines, tasks and environments
- Have excellent attention to detail and a solid work ethic
- Are able to take on any task, and do so with a smile and enthusiasm
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community
- Have CPR/First Aid certification (or must become certified within 90 days)
- Be willing and able to work with all age groups as assigned
- Have education or experience in childcare preferred
- Have excellent customer service skills and ability to read and understand instructions, directions and safety documents
- Several shifts available including week days 3:00 -7:00 pm and weekends 8:30 am-1:30 pm. Flexible availability is a plus
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
- We require all applicants to submit an application.
- All applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Please email your application to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org.
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume.
Mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.