The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling its mission and goals are: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility – For ALL.
Under the direct supervision of the Healthy Living Director, the Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for delivering quality service and effective fitness classes at the Hampshire Regional YMCA facility in accordance with the purposes, policies, and mission of the organization.
- The position requires education and experience in exercise science. Must obtain certification from YUSA or another reputable organization specific to the type of exercise taught at the HRYMCA.
- Must possess current CPR/AED and First Aid certification or be able to obtain it within a reasonable time period.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to the purpose and mission of the YMCA and attempt to incorporate these values into work activities.
- Must have good human relation skills and willingness to serve members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to conduct classes and activities related to fitness.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
- We require all applicants to submit an application.
- All applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Please email your application to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org.
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume.
Mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.