The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the part-time position of Personal Trainer. At the Y, our cause is to strengthen community. To fulfill this promise, we require strong cause-driven leaders to effect lasting personal and social change regarding our organization’s three key areas: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our employees are leaders committed to nurturing the potential of all, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Prepare and conduct personal training sessions and instructions that meet all the necessary components and safety guidelines in accordance with current accepted practices of exercise.
- Build and maintaining positive member relationships.
- Monitor registration/liability release forms for each participant as instructed as well as turn in copies of receipts to your supervisor.
- Keep time cards up to date as sessions are conducted.
- Report any location and equipment problems or concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner. Responsible for the maintenance of program area; this includes set up and clean up if applicable.
- Insure participants adhere to safety and injury prevention policies and procedures. Prepare incident/accident reports as required.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled sessions. Inform client when an absence is expected.
- Participate in all scheduled staff trainings and staff meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Personal Training Certification obtained from one of the following approved programs: YMCA, AFAA, ACE, IFPA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM.
- The position requires education and 2 year experience in exercise prescription, recreation or a related area of study.
- Must possess current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or be able to obtain it within a reasonable time period.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
- YMCA application
- In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.