The YMCA has a long standing tradition of meeting the needs of those in our service area. Each day, you will have the opportunity to help transform lives through our three areas of focus: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. Our participants can expect our services and programs to transform their lives, as well as provide a sense of belonging and achievement. It is our goal to ensure our team is able to provide this experience for all of our members and participants.
The Hampshire Regional YMCA Dolphins Swim Team is looking to hire a Head Swim Team Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Head Team Coach is responsible to provide competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in various age groups.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Plan, prepare and conduct team practices.
- Hire and work with assistant coaches to develop and administer appropriate plans for all swimmers in the Dolphins Swim Team.
- Be proficient in creating work outs for all age groups and skill levels.
- Actively participate in and work with the YMCA area swim teams, area swim leagues in order to assure team participation in all available swim meets, invitational meets and championships meets.
- Prepare meet entries and provide on deck coaching at all age group meets.
- Establish group guidelines for swimmers and evaluate athletes periodically and make recommendations for progression through the program.
- Coordinate parent volunteer responsibilities in the areas of; home and away swim meets (timers/recorders, officials, score keepers, and runners), swim team fundraising, and working with any parent volunteer leaders.
- 18 years of age or older
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED
- Current Lifeguard Certificate
- Competitive swimming and/or coaching experience
Benefits include a free membership to the Y, discounted classes and camp and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.