The Hampshire Regional YMCA Dolphins Swim Team is looking to hire a part-time Assistant Swim Team Coaches. Under the direction of the Swim Team Head Coach and the Aquatics Director, Assistant Swim Team Coaches provides competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in various age groups.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices.
- Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon by Supervisor.
- Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills.
- Ability to implement skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid or willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Coaches Safety Training.
- One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
- Should be US swimming certified or must obtain within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must have night and weekend availability.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application.
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.