The Hampshire Regional YMCA is currently hiring part-time staff for our Youth Center. Youth Center staff are responsible for helping to create a welcoming community where 9-18 year olds are comfortable expressing themselves and feel the benefits of belonging to a community.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Exercise creativity and share personal interests through new program design.
- Greet youth center participants and parents when they come into the youth center.
- Create conversation with all youth you encounter at the HR YMCA, including outside of the youth center.
- Support the creation of a judgement-free zone in the Youth Center by reserving judgement of youth and empowering self-expression.
- Provide support for your co-workers in regard to enforcing policies, creating programming, forging relationships with youth, and any other work-related challenges.
- Always maintain a positive attitude and model the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility for participating youth.
- Supervise all activities in a way that ensures safety of all youth. Understand that the safety of the youth is the foremost priority.
- Maintain responsibility for cleanliness and organization of work space. Complete daily cleaning and organizational responsibilities.
- Have CPR/First Aid certification (or must become certified within 90 days).
- Have education or experience in childcare preferred.
- Have excellent customer service skills and ability to read and understand instructions, directions and safety documents.
- Hours of Youth Center: Monday-Friday 3:00-7:00 pm and Weekends from 10:00am – 2:00pm.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application.
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org.
Or mail/in person:Hampshire Regional YMCA, Attn: Sovina Mansfield, 286 Prospect Street Northampton, MA 01060.