Do you want to teach a child a life-saving skill that is fun and great for their physical health? The HRYMCA is seeking enthusiastic swim instructors who will have a positive and lasting impact on a child’s life. This is a part-time position.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
- Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent; we are willing to train.
- At least 16 years of age.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
How to Apply:
We require all applicants to submit an application. In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Hampshire Regional YMCA
Attn: Sovina Mansfield
286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060