Today more than ever, we need our youth to be surrounded by positive role models – if that’s you- join our team! Gain invaluable experience from working with children, and learning interpersonal skills, organization and commitment; all skills that will help you in any future role.
Camp Norwich is located on 137 beautiful acres of fields and forests with 1/3 mile of shoreline on crystal clear Lake Norwich. Only 20 minutes from Northampton, our camp includes nature trails, a low ropes course, large program buildings, and athletic fields and courts.
Camp Norwich offers many exciting activities including swimming, adventure programming, outdoor living skills, athletics, boating, drama, crafts, music, campfires, and overnights.
- Supervise and guard all waterfront activities
- Assist Counselors in program areas such as swimming and boating
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront program area
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Assist in the planning of any special events on or near the waterfront
- At least 18 years of age
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work
- Ability to interact with all age levels, including appropriate and friendly interaction with parents when necessary
- Capacity to understand principles of youth development and developmental stages of youth
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner
Camp Norwich Sessions Summer 2021
Session I-A: 6/28-7/2
Session I-B: 7/5-7/9
Session II: 7/12-7/16 & 7/19-7/23
Session III: 7/26-7/30 & 8/2-8/6
Session IV: 8/9-8/13 & 8/16-8/20
Session V-A: 8/23-8/27
Session V-B: 8/30-9/3
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter. Please email your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Or mail/in person, Attn: R. John Reidy, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060