Do you have a passion for working with youth? Do you have the skills to help children who have been in a remote world for the past year reintegrate into a social environment? Do you want to make an impact on a child during what will likely be the most unique summer camp experience of their lives? If so, Hampshire regional YMCA is looking for a Camper Support Specialist to assist the camp staff at the YMCA in creating an engaging and supportive camp environment this summer.
- Develops and creates individual support plans that recognize the uniqueness and interest of the child and works with the staff team to ensure supports are in place.
- Coordinate the actions or tasks identified in the Camper Support Plan.
- Work closely with the camp Health Care Professional to coordinate care, develop plans, and collaborate on camper/staff interactions when appropriate.
- Act as a liaison to family and/or support systems by facilitating communication with families to provide updates, as assigned by the camp director.
- Provides direct support and guidance to camp staff in meeting the needs of the camper on a support plan; intervene when appropriate to prevent or resolve problems
- Review all camper files via CAMP DOCs and establish communication with necessary families prior to the camper attending a session.
- Provide on-going guidance to front line counselors on how to work with campers who display a diverse array of emotional and behavioral challenges
- Provide support to camp staff when necessary, and meet with all staff on an individual basis prior to camp beginning.
- Assist in creating a culture of positive support and behavior management.
Summer positions begin in mid-June through end of August for up to 40 hours/week. Opportunity to continue employment in the fall with up to 20 hours/week.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y.
Please email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail/in person: Attn: R. John Reidy, Human Resources Director, Hampshire Regional YMCA, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.