Hampshire Regional YMCA is a community hub offering diverse programs and classes to our members. We are currently hiring lifeguards to help keep our members safe in our two pools. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the lifeguard is responsible for the direct supervision, control, organization, and safety of all participants in the pool and pool area. The lifeguard works in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the YMCA mission. This is a part time position.
- Take responsibility for the appearance and working order of the pool area while on duty.
- Observe the pool area and to take the proper corrective action.
- Prevent accidents and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations in and around the pool.
- Must possess a current YMCA or American Red Cross lifeguard certification.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
Or mail/in person: Hampshire Regional YMCA, ATTN: Kira Mattheson, 286 Prospect Street, Northampton, MA 01060.