The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for a responsible and engaged leader to head our Aquatics Department. The HRYMCA addresses pressing needs in our community by making sure that everyone regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. The Aquatics department provides essential services, and the Aquatics Director spearheads these important efforts, whether it be teaching kids to swim, giving a teen their first job as a lifeguard, or giving older adults the opportunity for safe and restorative exercise.
- Responsible for all programming and administration related to our 2 pools, including lifeguarding, swim lessons, and swim team
- Hire, train, oversee, support, and evaluate all Aquatics staff and perform all staff-related administration duties
- Communicate with parents & members regarding Aquatics programming
- Maintain Aquatics department budget
- Assume lifeguard and swim instructor duties as needed
- Participate in general HRYMCA operations team responsibilities, trainings, activities, and meetings
- Significant supervisory and managerial experience required
- Experience working with children & teens
- Experience teaching swim lessons and/or other water-related activities
- Lifeguarding certification preferred, or acquired upon hire
Benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, life & LTD insurance, retirement plan, flexible spending account, substantial PTO bank, and a free membership to the Y.
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060