Hampshire Regional YMCA is a community hub offering diverse programs and classes to our members. We are currently hiring lifeguards to help keep our members safe in our two pools. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the lifeguard is responsible for the direct supervision, control, organization, and safety of all participants in the pool and pool area. The lifeguard works in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the YMCA mission.
- Prevent accidents and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations in and around the pool
- Observe pool and pool area and take proper corrective action
- Take responsibility for appearance and working order of the pool while on duty
- Must possess a current YMCA or American Red Cross lifeguard certification
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and the opportunity to participate in a 403(b).
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060