The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for a stellar new addition to our youth development team! This position is unique in the variety that it offers; during the school year, you would serve as the Assistant Director for our School-Age Childcare program, and during the summer the role transitions into being the Assistant Camp Norwich Director. The rest of the team transitions right alongside you, for a seamless year-round group dynamic.
- Assist with the oversight of daily operations, planning, and administrative duties related to our School-Age Childcare program, which takes place directly in 4 local elementary schools, as well as Camp Norwich, our 175 acre outdoor summer camp
- Supervise, hire, schedule, coach, and evaluate School-Age Childcare staff as well as Camp Norwich counselors & staff over sthe summer
- Act as a liason between parents and Y programs
- Assist with risk management in both camp and School-Age Childcare settings
- Bachelor’s degree in childcare-related field or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience in childcare leadership role
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Strong administrative, creative, and human relation skills
- Experience supervising others preferred
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a generous paid time off bank, employee assistance program, retirement, and a free membership to the Y.
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060