The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for an Assistant Aquatics Director! Our two indoor pools are a beloved part of our YMCA. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Aquatics Director will help with oversight of all pool programming, including swim lessons, lifeguards, swim team, and pool scheduling and administration. The Y provides an opportunity for everyone to learn, grow, and thrive, regardless of age, background, or income. The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission to serve a diverse community and works well on a team.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of new lifeguards and swim instructors, as well as helping run team meetings
- Work with Aquatics Director to supervise swim lesson programming, as well as teaching 8-10 lessons per week
- Perform administration related to swim lessons including scheduling and instructor assignments
- Respond to parents and members’ questions related to swim lessons and the pool
- Assist with lifeguard break coverage as well as guarding 8-10 hours per week
- Minimum two years experience with aquatics instruction/teaching
- Minimum two years supervisory or management experience
- Must have lifeguard certification or be willing to acquire upon hire
- Availability to work variable hours during the week including some weekends
$40,000 – 42,000 per year
Benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, life & long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, a generous PTO bank, retirement, and a free membership to the Y.
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060