The Boating Specialist at Camp Norwich not only gets to spend their summer on the beautiful waters of Norwich Lake, but also gets to share that beauty with children. Enthusiasm for the outdoors, passion for working with kids, and a positive attitude are must-haves for this role. Starting Summer 2024!
- Develop & deliver a boating curriculum that is appropriate for a variety of campers aged 5-14
- Maintain boating area and boathouse, as well as managing inventory
- Teach specific safety procedures around boating and waterfront including fitting a PFD, paddling techniques, and general boating safety guidelines
- Assist in implementation of staff training in boating
- Evaluate success of the boating curriculum
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current lifeguard certification preferred
- Experience in boating and teaching boating safety to others
- Desire and ability to work with children & the outdoors
$17 per hour
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and the opportunity to participate in a 403(b).
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060