Starting Summer 2024! The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking a professional in the mental health field to fill this important role at our beautiful Camp Norwich out on Norwich Lake in Huntington, MA. Amidst the challenges of the pandemic, we have developed this position to better support our community’s children, who have been deeply affected by their change in environment. This position runs for the duration of our summer camp season, from mid-June to the end of August.
- Develop individual support plans for campers with unique emotional or behavioral needs
- Provide guidance to other camp counselors regarding camper support plans
- Communicate with parents or guardians regarding their campers
- Help create a culture of positive support regarding behavior management among campers
- Participate in regular camp activities including games, sports, crafts, etc. to build relationships with children and camp staff
- In-progress or completed Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Child Development, Social Work, Counseling, Special Education, Psychology, Human services, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children
- Experience working with at-risk populations preferred
$18-15 per hour
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and the opportunity to participate in a 403(b).
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060