The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking an experienced, dedicated CFO to join our passionate team of leaders. Our Y serves a broad range of people regardless of age, income, or background. The ideal candidate is committed to service and well-being of our community and sees the people behind the numbers. Working alongside the CEO and the Operations Director, the CFO is expected to help guide our Y toward sustainable success and in accordance with our strategic plan.
The CFO oversees our $4.5 million operating budget encompassing a large variety of programs & services offered, two properties, and approximately 180 staff members. This position is in-person at our YMCA facility in Northampton.
- Be accountable for business operations, financial planning, and HR administration, ensuring that proper fiscal management is maintained throughout the Y
- Oversee accounting data processing, monthly financial reporting, insurance, audits, payroll, benefits administration, risk management, investment, technology & IT, and legal compliance
- Directly supervise HR Director and Accounting Coordinator including hiring, training, supporting and evaluating as needed
- Manage contracts across the organization
- Serve as staff representative to the board’s finance committee
- Develop & track cash flow and resources as well as manage all banking functions
- Conduct regular internal audits of systems and procedures
- Develop & assist with departmental budgets and capital budgets
- Ensure legal compliance in all areas of HR and accounting
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the accounting field, as well as experience in the HR field
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Must possess technical knowledge of accounting, personnel, data processing, insurance, IRS regulations, and nonprofit-related accounting standards
Starting at $90,000 annually
Benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, life & long-term disability insurance, retirement, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and a generous PTO bank.
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060