This position is a chance to make a huge impact on the community and the health and well-being of our youth! The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking an enthusiastic, playful, experienced leader for our afterschool program. The HRYMCA School-Age Childcare program operates directly in 4 local elementary schools on Monday through Friday afternoons: Bridge Street School, Jackson Street School, Ryan Road School, and Pioneer Valley Chinese Immersion Charter School. Each school site is overseen by a dedicated Site Coordinator, and the director is responsible for overseeing the full team of leaders and frontline staff. The ideal candidate is able to uphold the well-respected reputation of these flagship programs, as well as being willing to bring an innovative approach to youth programming.
- Assist the Senior Program Director of Youth Development in developing and maintaining high-quality afterschool programming
- Maintain EEC licensing requirements in all areas of the program at each site
- Support Site Coordinators in developing innovative enrichment activities for children in programming
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all afterschool staff, as well as take responsibility for all associated administrative work
- Manage weekly Site Coordinator meetings and monthly all-staff meetings
- Develop, manage, and monitor operating budgets for the department
- Manage parent concerns and communication across the program
- 5 years’ experience in EEC licensed childcare programming required, preferably in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
$53,000 – 58,000 per year
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and the opportunity to participate in a 403(b).
Submit your application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org *Applications due by February 16th*
Or mail/in person to Hampshire Regional YMCA Attn: Kira Mattheson 286 Prospect St. Northampton, MA 01060