- This event has passed.
5K Road Race and Fun Run
November 3, 2018 @ 12:00 pm$25.00 – $60.00
Seventh Annual HRYMCA
Building a Healthy Community 5k, 2 Mile Walk, and Kids Fun Run
Thank you for registering for the 7th Annual Building A Healthy Community 5K! A percentage of your registration fee will be designated for our Annual Fund and our LIVESTRONG® AT THE YMCA a program for cancer survivors.
Want to do more? Visit https://www.hrymca.org/
to donate to our Annual Fund and see all the ways we serve our community.
- Bib and Shirt or cape pick-up options:
- Friday, November 2nd at the HRYMCA, 286 Prospect Street in Northampton between 5:00pm and 7:00pm at the Welcome Center.
- Saturday, November 3rd at Look Park inside the Garden House: Registration and bib pick up will begin at 11:00am. Please plan to pick up your bib no later than 12:45pm
- You will receive your capes on race day in the Garden House.
- If you registered for the 5k prior to October 19th you will be able to pick up your shirt with your bib. No size substitutions. 10 years old and under will receive a cape in lieu of a shirt.
- ARRIVE EARLY! Generally arriving to the race one hour before allows plenty of time to park, get your bib and relax/enjoy pre-race activities with your family. We will have a bounce house (weather permitting), craft activities, food trucks, firetruck, police car and more. All Fun activities will begin at 11am and go until 2pm
- The race will start and end at the Garden House at Look Park. The Garden House parking lot will be off limits but plenty of parking will be available throughout the park.
- Let the park attendant at the entrance know that you are there for the race and you will not be charged park admission.
- HYDRATE well the day before and the morning of the race.
- Make it a family affair and have your family participate in the walk or kids fun run. Kids 10 and under registered prior to Oct 19th will get a cape for their race. We will have some fun activities, as well as refreshments after your race or walk. You will be able to purchase a cape for $3 on the day of the event while supplies last.
- There is a costume contest! Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Most Creative, Funniest and All around Best! Awards will be given on Saturday at 2pm.
- There will be raffle tickets available for purchase. Thank you to our community partners for their donations to our raffle. You do not need to be present to win. Raffles will be drawn on Saturday at 1pm
- Race winners will be announced at 2pm in the Garden House
- HAVE FUN!
Any more questions please contact: Jennifer.email@example.com or call 413-584-7086 x 125
Benefiting LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA and the YMCA Annual Campaign
Kid’s Fun Run start: 12:00 PM
Walk start: 12:30 PM
Race start: 1:00 PM
Kids’ Fun Run (included in Family Registration)
Age 3 and under: 12:00 PM, 100 meters
Age 4-5: 12:05 PM, 200 meters
Age 6-10: 12:10 PM, 400 meters
Activities for the whole family, including a costume contest!