- This event has passed.
CPR/AED and First Aid
May 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
We now offer our CPR/AED and First Aid courses for all ages through the American Safety & Health Institute. We offer blended learning courses. This combines the convenience of online learning with face-to-face, in–class skill practice and evaluation by an authorized instructor. After registering, you will be notified via email of the enrollment in the online class. The online portion of a blended training class covers the essential cognitive content for the class using program video segments and interactive exercises. The online portion will take 2-3 hours to complete. When you complete the online portion you will receive a Recognition of Completion. The completion of the online portion does not result in certification.
The face-to-face portion of the blended learning class focuses on the development of competent skills through hands-on practice, an evaluation by an authorized instructor and a written exam.
Members: $60/Non-members: $80 – Registration deadline: May 5, 2019 at 9:00 am
Process to achieve certification:
- Register at the YMCA Welcome Center.
- Within 2 business days after the registration deadline you will receive an email that you have been enrolled into the online portion of the class. You will be given 5-7days to complete the online portion.
- Complete the online learning and print out the Recognition of Completion.
- Bring your Recognition of Completion to the face-to-face, in-class skills portion.
- Pass evaluation of skills and a written test.
- Within 3 business days you will receive an email with a copy of your certification card.
Contact Jennifer Allen at email@example.com for more information.