We are excited to see so many of our members engaging with both our in person and virtual group exercise classes! As we continually strive to make your Y group exercise experience both enjoyable and safe, we wanted to share several important reminders for our indoor, outdoor and virtual class formats.
For weekly updates regarding our group exercise classes, email our Healthy Living Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the group exercise notifications.
Outdoor Fitness (Due to the unpredictable winter weather, we will stop all outdoor classes for the months of January and February 2022. Most classes will move inside and be hybrid, with the exception of the Friday Outdoor AOA Cardio Dance class, as we already have classes running in the studios at that time).
- Check-in at the Welcome Center or via the motionvibe app.
- Class limits vary, depending on the space where they are held and current restrictions on outdoor gathering size.
- All participants must register separately, even those in the same household.
- If class is canceled due to weather, registered members will receive an email notification through our reservation system. In the case of an unexpected cancelation, an email notification may not be possible.
- Once properly distanced from others, members may remove their face mask during class.
- Class location and any suggested equipment will be noted in the class description – for most classes, no equipment is needed.
- Virtual group exercise classes can be accessed on our reservation system – from the Group Fitness Schedule, click on the class name and then click on the Watch Now button to get into the Zoom meeting.
- For a paper copy of the group exercise schedule, print one from the reservation system or ask for a printed copy at the Welcome Center.
- If a class is not running in a given week, it will not be listed on the schedule. If a class is canceled, registered members will receive an email notification.
- If you see a class listed twice (as a Studio class and as a virtual class), this means we are livestreaming the class. Members can sign up to take the class at the Y OR attend virtually from home!