Outdoor Group Exercise Guidelines
- All participants should park in the lot behind the Y building off of Prospect Street.
- Meet your class instructor in the upper parking lot off Woodlawn Ave. Some classes will remain there, others will use space on the grass.
- Only active Y members may register for our outdoor classes.
- No classes will run if the temperature is 90 degrees or above; classes will be canceled if it’s raining.
- Members participating need to have an email in our database. If you are not receiving emails from the Y (separate from the group exercise email group), contact Mark Cabral at email@example.com to add your email. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
- Class limit (as of now) is 9 participants – this is subject to change based on state guidelines.
- Sign up 48 hours ahead. Reservations close 3 hours prior to class start time.
- Wear a face mask to and from class location.
- There will be no access to restrooms inside the Y.
- Bring your own mat/towel and water bottle.
- Each participant must sign up separately (i.e. one person cannot bring a family member under one reservation).
- Social distancing is required at all times.
- Questions? Email Lynne Zusi with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule for July 6 – 12
Monday, 7/6 – 12:00pm Tai Chi – a mindful, no impact class to calm the mind and help improve balance
Tuesday, 7/7 – 8:30am Bootcamp with Jennifer – a multi-level combination of cardio and strength, no equipment needed!
5:30pm Kickboxing with Elaine – a multi-level cardio workout with punches, kicks and core work
Wednesday, 7/8 – 12:00pm Qi Gong with Makani – a mindful, no impact class to calm the mind and help improve balance
5:30pm Zumba with Holly – an easy-to-follow dance party with Latin and other world rhythms
Thursday, 7/9 – no outdoor classes today
Friday, 7/10 – 8:30am AOA (Active Older Adult) Bootcamp with Lynne – a mindful combination of cardio, strength and balance drills, all standing with low-impact options provided – and fun music to keep us going!
Saturday, 7/11 – 9:30am Zumba with Lynne – an easy-to-follow dance party with Latin and other world rhythms
Sunday, 7/12 – 9:15am Strong Nation with Aimee – a high-intensity interval training class, loaded with kickboxing, squats, lunges, planks and more!
Reserve Your Spot in a Y Outdoor Fitness Class!
All scheduled classes for the week are listed in the drop-down menu. Members may sign up for one class per day. If you don’t see a class there, it can mean one of two things:
- The class is now full. In this case, please email Lynne at email@example.com We want to know where the demand is so that we can accommodate more members going forward. In some cases, we may be able to add a second class for that day (No promises – this will be based on instructor availability.) In other cases, we will do our best to schedule additional classes going forward.
- The class is scheduled on a day that is more than 48 hours from when you are trying to register. If this is the case, return to the sign-up when you are within the 48 hour reservation time period and the class should then show in the drop-down menu.