PRESCRIBE THE Y
WHAT IS PRESCRIBE THE Y?
Prescribe the Y is a prescription for health. With a prescription, you (and your household) will receive a 12 week membership to the Y. YMCA Wellness Coaches will work with you to have a plan based on the recommendations of your healthcare provider.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- All individuals referred by a health provider start with a free, 30-minute consultation with a qualified Y Wellness Coach.
- Your physical needs, interests and wellness goals will be evaluated to determine a program that is right for you.
- Your coach will monitor your attendance and fitness gains by meeting with you periodically during the 12 weeks.
- If we notice a drop in your attendance, you will receive a follow up phone call to help you get back on track.
- Your wellness achievements will be shared with you and, with permission, your health provider.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Long-term healthy lifestyle change.
- Learn to exercise in a safe way for improved strength, flexibility, balance and range of motion.
- Focused on prevention, instead of intervention.
- Free child care while working out at the Y.
COST OF PROGRAM
$150 includes access to your Y for the duration of the program and will qualify for insurance wellness benefits.
Our Y Wellness Coach can refer you to other evidence based wellness programs if additional supports are needed.
HOW TO LEARN MORE
Contact Jennifer Allen at 413-584-7086 x 125 or email@example.com.